The Future of Hotel Careers
Are you considering a career in the hotel industry or looking into the future to grow as a current hospitality professional? Either way, you’re probably curious about what a future career in the hotel industry is going to look like. A career in the hotel industry provides opportunities for a wide range of skill levels and backgrounds. With advancements in technology and AI, it’s easy to see how these aspects can enhance guest experiences. However, for hotels to stand out in the hospitality industry, there will be a greater need for associates to provide warm, friendly service, above.
The Importance of the Hotel Industry
The hospitality industry has a significant impact on the community that it is in. What this means is, for example, the linen and food suppliers have business demands from the hotel which creates more job opportunities. A career in the hotel industry means you are a part of the positive impact on the local economy. It’s not just about tourists coming to visit. There is corporate clientele, guests who are relocating to the area, and many other reasons for hotel accommodations.
Diverse Opportunities Await
A career in the hotel industry offers a smorgasbord of careers. Think part-time hotel jobs up to management opportunities in marketing, sales, food and beverage, maintenance, and more. A Landmark career also allows you training programs to help diversify your skill set. Cross-training in different departments helps associates widen their field of knowledge and explore areas of the hotel they may not have originally been familiar with.
Technology is the name of the game everywhere, and the hotel industry is included. You’ve probably seen those fancy self-check-in kiosks and digital keys. That’s just the beginning. The hotel industry is getting super tech-savvy. If you’re the tech whiz of your group, there are roles waiting for you to make guests’ lives easier through innovation. Additional examples of advancing technology in the hotel industry include,
- Mobile check-in service
- Mobile Key service
- Automated guest messaging/Chatbots
- Contactless Payment
- Cloud-based Property Management Systems
- 360-degree videos/photos for marketing
Since technology is evolving every day, a career in the hotel industry is also evolving from what it once was. Creating a personal guest experience must be balanced with society’s desire to have the latest and greatest tech features. A Landmark career is about providing our guests with heartfelt service because, after all, we are in the hospitality business.
Green is in, and hotels are all about it. Many guests today are super eco-conscious, and they want sustainable options. Our Housekeeping and Engineering teams work closely together to help ensure the programs at the hotels are being used in the most productive ways. Careers in the hotel industry allow associates to also become involved in the local communities supporting efforts beyond the hotel.
- Energy Saving Appliances including HVAC systems.
- Towel and linen reuse programs. Some brands will even provide additional member reward points to utilize the program.
- Waste reduction to include recycling programs.
- Water conservation with low-flow toilets, faucets, and showerheads.
- Reducing food waste with better inventory management.
The Rise of Hotel Part-Time Jobs
As careers in the hotel industry continue to evolve, the trend toward part-time jobs in hotels is becoming increasingly common. The current and rising workforce demographic is focused on work-life balance and flexibility in scheduling. The benefits of hotels providing more part-time job opportunities are,
- Work-life balance provides associates with more control over their schedules.
- Part-time hotel jobs also provide opportunities for associates to gain skills or experiences in a particular area that can help later in their careers.
- The flexibility is undeniable, especially for students, parents, or those with other commitments. The ability to work a hotel part-time job ensures time for other critical aspects of the associate’s life.
- For associates who are unable to work full-time, part-time opportunities can provide supplemental income and create financial stability.
- There are some cost savings for hotels allowing part-time jobs instead of full-time.
A Landmark career includes flexible scheduling options for our associates. At Landmark Hotel Group, we provide training programs to help develop our team members. Many of our management-level positions are internally promoted associates who have trained and excelled. Many recent graduates have worked hotel part-time jobs during the school year and then transitioned to full-time employment after graduation or during the summer.
With new technologies making way in the hotel industry there will be a demand for more tech-savvy and maintenance-related positions. Working a part-time hotel job while attending a technical trade school is also a great way to get exposure to the industry. Technology and sustainability go together at times and ultimately are there to improve the guest experience. We believe in the saying, that people want to work with people they know, like, and trust. Our associates in full-time and part-time hotel jobs make our properties the best. The heart of our team members is hands down what makes Landmark Hotel Group.
Apply today to join Landmark Hotel Group, where you belong!